Friday, December 05, 2008

Friday for the Ices

Well, it snowed like crazy all day yesterday, and cleared today, but now it's under 10 degrees, it's Frigid!

I'm starting to realize that there are some really impressive individuals doing the pot out there. This guy Pottery at Jingdezhen, China has done some really impressive stuff, and is only 20! I'm 33.5 and i could not throw one half-assed centered pot in the time he could fill a room with quality pieces! Speaking of, i think my Wheel head is a bit warped, and it's frustrating me, i'm not sure what to do. Maybe i can replace the Head only, or maybe i can make one? All i know is it's pissing me off.

I started doing Scraffito style with my pots, i did one that's pretty cool, and have 2 more waiting for the slip treatment. There's one on the wheel now that i forgot to trim this morning, so i suppose it will be a loss, MEH, it's a lopsided mofo anyways...

-LB

No comments: